• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer [Paid Job] Fix the high cpu usage if to many monsters

the stopping is actually because of newer AI where monster has to attack before moving.
you tested with latest changes from this thread? TFS A* Algorithm :D (https://otland.net/threads/tfs-a-algorithm-d.282100/)
it's obious that panda displayed in that gif or video has speed increased, here it how looks with latest changes and normal speed

Last edited:
no, the stopping is, because it was meant to work this way. Monsters on cip tibia work this way.
yeah that is what I ment? xD see where i wrote newer AI? aka cipsoft way the catch up mechanic allowing you not to waste so much time chasing monsters I actually hated that about tibiantis i would waste 30sqm chasing spider with 5 hp bullshit.

if you dont like tfs 1.5 just use tfs 0.4 odnt have that problems , have cast system and probably if you are programmer can be the best source withoutbugs :D

if you dont like tfs 1.5 just use tfs 0.4 odnt have that problems , have cast system and probably if you are programmer can be the best source withoutbugs :D

I could use TFS 0.4 yes but TFS 0.4 is overall boring if it comes to scripting :D
And it has few critical bugs aswell
If someone would add revscript to 0.4 I would leave 1.x prob and take the risk :D

have 1 way but need add some lines to source code

lol, tfs 0.4 its the most stable distro working on the greatestots online with 1000k players* , the second distro its tfs 1.2 by ninja

Guys honestly I haven't seen 0.4 in years, but if you start comparing the code from one and other, isn't a chance to at least get hints of what is going on? I mean, it's just code. I'm not experienced on c++ and probably i'm wrong, but without experience this surely be my starting point right?

And also, if 1.5 is an updated version of 0.4 (where years passed), why would I think in the idea of using an older source? Is much better if you go exactly to the lines you wish to modificate and check the code to understand what's happening.

The argue of "I don't know c++" is not valid, took me time to learn it, you can use Search tool, get the function, and if you don't know how a thing works just search for it. Literally paste the line on google, stackoverflow or chatgpt, and if that's not enough go to support board (with evidence of what information you get).

Hi
Its known that the newest tfs version has problems with the cpu usage if it comes to monsters
Back in old days when people have used ( TFS 0.4 ) you could have crazy fast attack speed and many monsters with a big amount of players without getting troubles with the CPU usage
I dont know how hard it is to fix it but im willing to pay it if the price is fair
The fix will be released to the community then
Let me know your price
King regards

Old TFS 0.3.6/0.4 Monsters moving pretty fast

New TFS 1.5 Monsters moving like lagging
https://gyazo.com/53ceb2a7220bb70d8e8d93ef91cc6888
@Marko999x you should first check if that's real tibia behaviour. As nekiro said
no, the stopping is, because it was meant to work this way. Monsters on cip tibia work this way.
I don't remember and haven't tested but I believe this is real tibia behaviour. So I guess than this modification you request is a custom one, can't be added to theforgottenserver, but nekiro just pointed which line you need to change. Have you tried to comment the lines in charge of slowing down the speed of the monster?

lol, tfs 0.4 its the most stable distro working on the greatestots online with 1000k players* , the second distro its tfs 1.2 by ninja
Sorry for being the contrary, but I think you're wrong. Their sources are mostly own modificated source code, based on TFS, surely, but up-to-date with latest forgotten server changes or commits (unless they want specific modifications for they own source, making them a really custom own engine).

wont even waste my energy telling you what you already know

Back